The meeting was held on 27th-28th June 2013 at Cosener’s House in Abingdon. The meeting will include key note speeches on current research challenges in batteries, fuel cells and hydrogen storage, as well as presentations on the latest development at STFC facilities and user presentations of their applications to research in electrochemical energy devices.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Peter Hall – Sheffield University
- Bill David – ISIS/ Oxford University
- Nic Harrison – Imperial College/ STFC Computing
- Peter Lee – Manchester X-ray Imaging Facility
- Vanessa Wood – ETH Zurich
- Burkhard Kaulich – Diamond Lightsource
Attendance at the meeting is free – online registration can be completed here. Travel assistance is available for UK attendees, and a number of full bursaries (to cover accommodation costs) will also be available for early career researchers.
The meeting will also be used to launch the STFC Futures Early Career Award scheme – which will provide travel bursaries to enable mobility of PhD students and early career researchers to conduct new research linked to large scale facilities.